Skip to content

Global Opportunities

Programs : Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. Questions? Email the appropriate Program Advisor listed below.
BSBA Hong Kong Semester Abroad (CUHK)
Hong Kong, China (Outgoing Program)
Program Terms: Fall,
Homepage: Click to visit
Dates / Deadlines:
App Deadline
WU Decision Date
Start Date
End Date
Spring 2017 05/02/2016
Rolling Admission TBA TBA
Fall 2017 02/01/2017
Rolling Admission TBA TBA

** Early application is strongly recommended for all programs. Deadlines that fall on a weekend or holiday are automatically extended to the next workday.

Deadline has passed
Fact Sheet:
Program Adviser:
Damian Whitney
Program Description:

Chinese University of Hong Kong Study Abroad


CUHK is Hong Kong's largest university campus. You may choose courses taught in English. If you satisfy the language requirements, you may also take courses taught in Cantonese and Putonghua. You may take a combination of business and nonbusiness course work. However, 50 percent of your course work must be taken in business. You earn 14-16 units of credit. Course selections are made with the approval of your academic advisor.


If you would like to learn more about this particular program or about any of the other study abroad opportunities, you can reach out to one of our Ambassadors, who have participated in one of the Olin programs in the past. To see the full list of Ambassadors, please click here.


Fall (First Term)
Late August to Late December

Spring (Second Term)
Early January to Late May

Our fall semester is considered the first term and our spring semester is their second term.


All students participating in Olin semester programs are required to enroll and participate in pre-departure and post-departure coursework. INTL 300A Planning for International Learning is a 1 credit mini-B course designed to prepare students for their experience overseas the semester before they actually travel. INTL 300B Applying International Experiences is a 0.5 required mini-A post-departure class that will discuss what students learned while abroad and help students articulate those lessons for employers, graduate schools, etc. Both of these classes will meet approximately 3 times during the semester before and after the study abroad experiences.


3.0 cumulative GPA
3.0 professional GPA
Open to BSBA degree students and second majors in the Business School. 
Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.  You must not only meet the minimum eligibility criteria, but also show the type of intellectual curiosity, personal maturity, academic rationale and social flexibility necessary for a successful study abroad experience.


Students must earn a minimum of 14 WUSTL equivalent credits. For WUSTL course equivalents, click here.


English is one of the languages spoken in Hong Kong. You may select courses which are taught only in English.


All undergraduate international students normally live on-campus and share their housing assignment with Chinese roommates who have volunteered to share rooms with international students. This arrangement will greatly help you settle into your university setting. Housing needs are automatically considered upon receipt of exchange applications. Housing application forms are normally enclosed in the acceptance packets for you to complete. You should observe the deadline for returning the housing forms to the Housing Office. 


If you don't have your passport, you should start this process once you submit your application.


It is required by the Hong Kong Immigration Department that overseas students must obtain a proper Student Visa to study in Hong Kong. Students without the right of abode in Hong Kong or without a valid student visa will not be permitted to study there. The process of securing will be outlined in the student's admission letter.


Overseas Programs will enroll all WU-approved study abroad students in a basic accident and sickness plan through HTH Worldwide, a leading provider of international health insurance. This plan should be seen as supplemental to the student’s existing domestic health coverage, not as a replacement.  We do not recommend a reduction or suspension of existing domestic coverage in light of enrollment in HTH insurance. For more information, click here.


Students are assessed the current WU tuition rate and the current WU Health Fee. These fees are paid directly to Washington University. If you are a financial aid recipient, then your financial aid will apply towards these charges.


(Note: Some Prices are listed in Hong Kong Dollars)

Housing HK$ 6,000 - 8,000
Food HK$ 14,000
Books and Supplies HK$ 1,500
Student Visa Application Fee HK$ 500
Estimated Personal Expenses US $6,000 - 7,000
Airfare to and from the States US $ 2,000

*No meal plan available, calculations based on HK$ 35/ meal on campus.

**Exchange rate information is available at

International and Area Studies | Overseas Programs